Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Happy Birthday; I Got You Shots

Yesterday baby turned two months old. I always thought it was lame when parents would say "Today is so-and-so's birthday--he/she is 5/4/3 months old," because come on, it's not really a birthday, maybe an anniversary, but not a birthday with cake and presents and a room full of children screaming obscenities (not at your birthday parties?). Then I had my own kid and EVERYDAY is a birthday. Except yesterday really was her birthday. It was her second month birthday, and we celebrated by taking her to get shots. She hated it, and if I agreed with not immunizing your children, I would never do that again. But as I tried to reason with Sadie yesterday, it's better to have a shot in your leg today than polio tomorrow.

Let me take a break here to brag about my sweet baby. Look, I realize everyone brags about how great their own baby is, and I'm going to go ahead and jump on the bandwagon, so deal with it. My baby is amazing with a capital A and a shimmy to the right. I'm pretty sure (like, 99.7%) that having a perfect baby as my first is some kind of twisted trick to convince me to have twelve more, and perhaps it's working, because I want twelve more. Imagine you had a doll and that doll came to life and did everything you wanted it to do and never cried and smiled at you every time you looked at it. That pretty much sums up my kid. My only complaint would be that she seems a little lazy, and may be somewhat of a quitter. For example, when she's hungry she will suck on her fist for about ten minutes as she waits for me to catch on. If I don't, she'll let out a tiny noise and then stare at me. But will she get angry? No, she'll fall asleep. When I put her on her belly so she can work her neck muscles, she'll fall asleep. Swing? Sleep. Books? Sleep. Church? Sleep. Other than my child's obvious lackadaisical approach to life and my fears she'll be left behind, she is the perfect little baby.

Also, I finally found a solution to that awesome, yet embarrassing hairdo, which I like to refer to as The Crazy.

13 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I'm sure she loves it.

I saw my 9 month old nephew for the first time this weekend, and he was seriously the cutest, sweetest baby I have ever been around.

For the first time in my life, I was actually sad to see a baby go and I miss him!

Justin & Kamie said...

Totally a trick God is playing on you. But, one that will work. So do like Jaime Spears did and get knocked up again k?

Also, come visit Utah around January so that she can teach my kid how to be perfect.

Colten and Melissa Rogers said...

I can't believe how much hair she has? I couldn't put one clip in Gwyn's hair until she was 18 months. You are so lucky!!! I want more pictures please.

Oertel said...

I think you're pretty rad. And it would serve you right if you had a totally obedient and chill child so you couldn't sit out on your driveway all night...

lisset said...

its begun. the slow and steady deception that kids are awesome. wait until she's walking. i promise you will change your tune.

a loose seal said...

I cannot even express how in love I am with the name Sadie. I tried to convince my husband to name our daughter that but no cigar.

Utah is beautiful! We just went to the canyons by Oak City and the leaves were gorgeous. Isla and I are actually flying to Florida on Friday. We're staying in Daytona for a few days before we head to Georgia.

I'm glad that you're loving motherhood. Everyone told me that it would take awhile before I said that I would want more babies but it only took me a few weeks before I was planning my next one. They are so much fun. And I LOVE The Crazy!

Ashlee said...

Love the do. Seriously, she's so stinking cute!

So Happy Birthday, Sadie. If you're a super nice mom like me, you'll go ahead and spread out the shots so instead of getting 3 at once and getting it over with, you can take her in monthly. Aren't I so nice? I mean, happy birthday each month, G! :(

Anyway- so happy to see you updating more and I agree, she's not left behind but sent so you'll go ahead and forget the crap you went through to have her (because I swear, you forget and you'll do it again... heh, heh? Amazing.) and do it again. And again. And you should.

Wendyburd1 said...

That picture is SO cute! I saw you on Kristina's blog and decided to stop by. Have you ever seen the House episode with the Mom who decided getting immunized was a conspiracy by the drug companies? And he, being House says " You know another really good business? Teeny tiny baby coffins. You can get them in frog green or fire engine red. Really. The antibodies in yummy mummy only protect the kid for six months, which is why these companies think they can gouge you. They think that you'll spend whatever they ask to keep your kid alive. Want to change things? Prove them wrong. A few hundred parents like you decide they'd rather let their kid die than cough up forty bucks for a vaccination, believe me, prices will drop really fast." If I didn' know before, I know NOW...I will immunize!!


She's not lazy....she is A sleeper...like me!!

rychelle said...

yay for babies that like naps as much as i do!
(i hope i get one of those babies)
happy b-day sadie!

Dads(2) said...

absolutely positively love that hair doo! such a model!

Russ and Nat said...

First of all....I didn't even know that I knew 2 kts.....I thought that was you?? I should have noticed the lack of sarcasm and friendly nature and known better.....and second, my baby is going to be way better than yours I just know it.....she will probably be able to change out an entire fire alarm with no help next time it happens.

The Johnsons said...

okay so when you started talking about your doll coming to life I thought of "Chucky" and it scared me and made me now want children anymore so thanks I blame you when I am 90 years old and in a nursing home and no one comes to visit me because I was afraid of my potential children being chucky. How do you sleep at night??

Stephanie said...

i am enjoying your baby vicariously. i love the internet.