Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Good Idea/Bad Idea

Good idea: Carving pumpkins for Halloween.



Bad idea: Carving pumpkins for Halloween in Florida.



Just for kicks, here are a couple pictures of us at the pumpkin patch. I had to take pumpkin patch pictures because I'm a mom now and I have learned in all my mommy blog reading that moms take pictures of their kids at pumpkin patches and post them online. I don't know why they all do this, but my approach to parenthood is: do whatever everyone else does. Hence, pumpkin patch pictures.




We foolishly assumed our daughter would care about her first Halloween, but she doesn't seem to want to be bothered.

9 comments:

Rachel B. said...

Whew, that was a close one Katie! I was getting worried that since you're such a new mom that you wouldn't know just yet about having to do a pumpkin patch post. I am a little disappointed that the title isn't "pumpkin patch" though. No, this is funny though because I as well have noticed ALL the billions of pumpkin patch posts and was starting to feel like a bad mom for not taking Reese to one. So good job for being more on top of it than I am. Maybe next year. You're little daughter sure is a cutie!

P.S. I'm pretty sure you're not supposed to be as skinny as you are so shortly after having a baby.

Dads(2) said...

YAH!!! Crazy haired baby and pumpkins--Perfection! You rock at this new mom thing!

rychelle said...

you are all adorable!

(i'll try not to hold it against you)

Kristina P. said...

Is she dressed up like a pumpkin? Wasnt that just asking for trouble in this pumpkin patch?

(Did you notice I'm not first today?)

Oertel said...

haha I think I had that costume once too. You look great. Your daughter looks bored though... And I can pretty much smell the pumpkins in that second picture.

Ashlee said...

I'm trying to get past the bitterness of your tiny body. Um... I 14 MONTHS post baby and still fatter than that. Boo. Cute baby though, and great job with the pumpkins. Melted or not, they're cute.

a loose seal said...

I love your pumpkins...the Florida effect makes them look like a massacre or a "The Stand"-like virus has wiped them out. Thanks for the chuckle.

I am glad that you posted your pumpkin picking pictures. I'm not sure why we all love taking these pictures with our babies. Maybe because the orange pumpkins are a cute backdrop? I have no idea. Either way, your pics are totally cute.

And I am insanely jealous of your post-pregnancy body. You look great! Maybe this will be the final push to get my ass on the treadmill.

Colten and Melissa Rogers said...

You look so great! I am glad that you finally got up the courage to be like the rest of us and post some family picture. Now I want more! :)

The Johnsons said...

I think your daughter is about to poke her eye out from boredom in the 2nd picture. Way to learn how to post those pics. Damn you for being so skinny! P.S. Eagle eye is about having every move tracked by satellite through phones, computers, etc. Just makes you not want to use either one of them after that movie. Hurry up and move to Oregon already, would ya? Are you guys going home for the holidays?