--Sen. John McCain

Whether or not you voted for Sen. Barack Obama, I hope you still felt how incredibly awesome is was to watch history in the making last night. It was impossible for me to hold back the tears as I watched the thousands of people come together in celebration of Sen. Obama's victory. I felt like I was part of a united America last night. Wow. How could you not have felt American pride from the heart warming image of the Rev. Jesse Jackson as tears rolled down his face. THIS is the America I love. .

Call me foolish, call me naive, but I believe Barack Obama when he says YES WE CAN.

*In response to the comments about Jesse Jackson. My point was that Jesse Jackson's tears represented what many blacks probably felt when Barack Obama was elected. Jesse Jackson was just shown over and over on camera. But I get it, you don't like him. Do you want me to take his picture down? Is he giving you nightmares?
18 comments:
Although I don't agree with him on...well...pretty much any political topic, I too appreciate the historic moment I experienced last night. It was great to be a witness to something that our children will read about in their history books.
Also, Obama has made some pretty sweet promises to the air traffic controller union, so I am SOOOO looking forward to getting that fatty check in the mail for all the back pay we deserve :) Ha ha
One thing though. While watching T.V. and listening to NPR, several of the interviews really disturbed me. They were primarily African-American's who stated that they had never voted until today. They said they were so inspired that a black man was running for president that they registered to vote this time around and were happy they were a part of history being made, etc. etc. It is sad to me that a man of their own race had to run in order for them to take part in an amazing democratic process and take advantage of the precious right they have to vote.
Tangent. Sorry.
And how about President Obama's kiddies...SOOO cute!
Oh, and did you hear that his Grandma's village in Kenya is celebrating and roasting a pig today in honor of Obama's win?
Awesome.
I like Obama. And it truly is a historic moment.
I was not moved at ALL by Jesse Jackson's tears- sorry. That guy drives me BATTY!!! Although I don't agree with all of Obama's policies and plans, I do think it was an amazing thing to watch. And I think the next few years will be interesting. I hope he can do at least some of what he's promised.
Amazing--absolutely amazing to watch last night!
You took the words right out of my mouth. I choked up last night too. It was amazing to feel the weight lifted and have hope again. What an amazing night. A night that will be remembered for a very, very long time.
yay for obama rama!
(sorry, i just LOVE saying obama rama)
We were making fun of Jesse “But I wanted to be the first black president!”
And then I went back to being happily over the moon. I’m so excited!
Well, we all know who I felt the better choice was...but i'm happy most of America is pumped. I will continue to pray for our leaders and hope for the best for America. YES WE CAN!
Did you shed the same tears when Condi Rice became the first black woman to become Secretary of State?
Sorry, but I actually can't find Jackson's tears all that heart warming. Kind of gives me indigestion. I don't remember Jackson shedding tears for Condi either.
In spite of this, can we ALWAYS find reasons to be proud of our country?
Yes We Can!
You're missing the point. For me, the tears on Rev. Jackson's face summed up what so many African-Americans probably felt on Nov. 4th. It was just a little over 50 years ago that Rosa Parks refused to sit in the back of a bus, when blacks couldn't attend white schools, or drink from the same fountains. And to have lived through all that and then see an African-American elected for the highest office in the country was a sign that all those struggles were worth it. Sure, there have been many black men and women who have held high, respectable offices in the country, but this was different. This was symbolic of how far we've come, and how America really is the land of the free. That's why I thought it was sweet when the Rev. Jackson was crying.
I voted for Barack Obama not because of his skin color, but because I believed he was the BEST MAN FOR THE JOB. Making history was a total bonus.
Amen! This was the most thrilling election day to date for me. What an incredible day for us all.
Jesse Jackson was crying because he is now out of a job. He more than anyone else, wants the 'black man' to be held down, so he can point fingers and make accusations about how 'society' doesn't allow blacks/minorities do anything and there is no hope for them. What a croc! People make their own destinys, not government. I like many others, was not moved at all. Why is the whole world happy Barack Husein Obama was elected....well, because they know he won't stand up for what is right, he will run with his tail between his legs...why else would our enemies in the world cheer and party in the streets??? What a joke Barack is! Stop drinking the Kool-Aid people.
It's sad you chose to miss out on what a monumental moment Nov. 4th was for this country.
Not to be a party pooper, but I'm not in the mood to deal with negative comments like this. Take your bigotry and find a new blog to read.
Thank you.
And it's Hussein.
But yours is so entertaining....and I love black people, if fact I love all people. My best friend is black, honestly. Your welcome.
Regardless of how you personally feel about Obama, I think it's important to remember that Obama won by a wide margin both electorally and by popular vote. And if you believe in democracy you'll respect the choice of the American people.
I love your blog KT, wish I knew about it sooner. Oh, and Sadie's pony tails are adorable.
-Melanie Jorgensen
I agree - Jesse is only crying because HE wasn't elected president. If you'll remember, he had some rather nasty things to say about Obama earlier this year. Jesse has made a VERY good living crying about the poor black man. Maybe he'll have to find a real job now.
Post a Comment