Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Meet Erin

This is my sister-in-law, Erin. She's the one with the sunglasses.



I'm not usually braggy on my blog because it makes me feel cheap, but today I'm going to brag about my sister-in-law. Erin flew all the way from the UK to visit Warren and I during her two week break before she heads off to Italy to work on the ski slopes for the next five months. She swears her job in Italy is tough--her job requires five hours of skiing per day, 6-7 days a week. She said she has to be nice to people all the time. I probably could never do that, but being nice comes naturally for Erin. And I mean to everyone. Like, all the time. Not the fake nice, either. I'm talking the genuine type of nice. She's the type of person who is considerate, kind and doesn't say mean things. Plus, she's NEVER been fired from a job. Who has never been fired from a job? Not even a lame high school job. I'm not a bad employee or anything, but my job history isn't exactly squeaky clean. I may have had an incident or two back in my high school days, and there's a slight chance I've been blacklisted from The Disney Company. Maybe, I walked out on one job mid-shift, but could an employer really have expected me to stuff envelopes for EIGHT HOURS without also allowing me to watch Shrek?

Basically, Erin is awesome. Don't hate her because she gets to travel the world and ski all day. Love her because if she ever comes to your house she'll probably clean your kitchen and bake you pumpkin pie.

12 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I was fired from a job in college, and then sort of rehired because I threatend to sue them because they didn't comply with their contract. Yay me! And then I found a new job a month later.

And your sister sounds great!

Jules AF said...

I don't need to say anything about my job.... bleech And I'm completely jealous. I want to live in the UK and Italy. I hate my life.

Dads(2) said...

wow, to have the life of Erin--I bet she meets movie stars and all!

Wendyburd1 said...

Wow cool SIL!! I never even hear from mine, although I tried when she first married Mike, told her I wanted to be close the way My Mom and dad's sister are, but she didn't seem inclined. Can I steal Erin? LOL!

rychelle said...

being nice all the time hurts me. like physically.

have a safe trip to italy, erin.

Sally said...

I don't know how to make pumpkin pie. Damn.

Leslie said...

If she's a nice person, then what do you two have in common?

Aw, KT.....I'm just kiddin!
Love you!

: )

Ashley said...

When you stop blogging, I stop being entertained. Comprende?

Kristina P. said...

Where the hell are you?!?!? In a nice way, of course.

Melanie said...

Hey, you! Update your blog.

Melanie said...

My last word verification on your blog was "blete" which reminds me of "bleat". I thought that was funny. I have no idea why. Just thought I'd share.

Russ and Nat said...

Your link to the bows doesn't work or I would have gone there....