The only aspect about using a public toilet I enjoy is reading the comments carved into the stalls. I love that these bathroom stall poets carve their messages into the stalls, as if the message is so important, their love so deep it had to be written somewhere public, and not just in ink, but it must be CARVED with some sharp weapon of sorts. That, my friends, is inspiring. I can't say I've ever had a message I needed to get out to the world so desperately that I felt compelled to carve it, let alone on the stall wall of a bathroom. Perhaps what I lack is more depth.
This afternoon I had the honor to bask in the enlightened genius of another bathroom stall poet. Right there in the Pasco County, Florida Wal-Mart bathroom were the passionately moving words of an anonymous author carved into stall #3:
"I maied big poop."
11 comments:
Tell me you maied that up. That can't be real...can it?
Get out of there, NOW.
In other news, remember when you told me we were too cute to go to law school?
Somehow this doesn't surprise me. I mean, this is the same educational system that produced the people who effed up the election process, and loses at least 9 foster kids a year. But it has a great amusement park, so all is forgiven.
it is a wonder i ever turned out (relatively) normal having lived there during my younger childhood years.
ps. if you can't make it to the george, maybe we'll see you in oregon- it is on the short list for ph.d possibilities...
KT, mean comment karma is going to get you...about the time your kids arrive.
http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=irule
Oh my gosh, I've been looking for that page FOREVER! Someone sent me that forward of the kids artwork years ago and it is a treasure! Thanks!
Oh dear. In one of my poetry classes, a kid maied a whole poem out of stuff on bathroom walls. Yeah, it was mildly vulgar.
And I like gurr's comment about you guys being too cute to go to law school. I think you should blog about that.
Thanks for thinking I'm normal. I do have to say, you don't know the whole story, so you might change your mind about me if you did. haha
You can't buy that kind of class.
I'm impressed at your courage to use the Wal-Mart bathroom!
Here's how big of a geek I am: I have actually corrected people's vandalism before. Yes, ma'am! :)
bravo, well written.
I'm just trying to leave a comment here. I'll leave a thought or two later.
Post a Comment