Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Yeah, so?

I do plan to post pictures one of these days. It's just...Warren and I (read not Warren, just me) are SO LAZY when it comes to downloading pictures onto the computer. I don't know how and don't want to learn (because why learn when I could get Warren to do it?) and I'm pretty sure Warren isn't on the ball because he's waiting for me to learn how to do something for myself. Whatever. My point is: Pictures are not my forte, okay? But, one of these days I promise (don't hold your breath, my promises are shallow) I will post one more picture of my fat belly so you can all look at me and think "Holy crap, that's a big belly." In the meantime, you're just going to have to take my word for it.

Or, you could take the word of the kind strangers who have felt inclined to let me know just how far my belly sticks out. The following are comments I've received in the last week.

"Are you sure you're only seven months? You look like you're about a month overdue."

"When are you due?" (me: 2 1/2 more months) "Huh...you just got one in there?"

"I bet you deliver early because you're so big already. Most people don't show much with their first, but wow, you show a LOT! You're going to go early, don't you think she's going to go early? I didn't show that much EVER."

"Look how fat you are!"

"I just wanted to let you know that you waddle."




My self-esteem is soaring right now...

12 comments:

Colten and Melissa Rogers said...

I swear people think that pregnant women aren't human. Strangers used to come up to me and touch my stomach. Since when is it ok to just run up and rub someones stomach? Are you coming in June?

Kamie said...

Ok, can I admit that the waddle comment made me giggle?...cause it did.

And- I totally popped a couple days ago and now am entering the "Oh sad, she must have stopped working out and has put in a few pounds" stage. Lovely. Would prefer to have a belly which lookes like I'm prego to my current love handles.

Colleen said...

I can just imagine you being a stick with a belly! haha. I can't wait for you to show pictures!

Anonymous said...

lol...you only look big because when you are not prego you are skin and bones, so there's no chance of hiding a pregnancy with you. Me on the other hand, I was 9 months pregnant and didn't even look pregnant because I'm a fatty. So see? It happens to the best of us! =)

zacharoo said...

The important question looming is, Did you murder the one that called you fat? I would have clawed his/her eyes out, then fed him/her to ravid animals. All while eating a deep fried Hostess Cupcake.

Ashlee said...

Yeah, people truly feel that they can say anything to a pregnant person. I mean, when else in life would someone ask you how much weight you've gained? I seriously had a few times I wanted to say rude things back to people. Like the lady who told me I was bigger than a girl she knew who was having triplets. Thanks?!? I mean, why in the world would you ever say that? What is the proper response to that? I wanted to go back and show her my huge baby when he was born. :) Jerk.

Anyway- you are NOT huge, no matter what you think. And to prove it, I'm going to email you pictures of huge pregnant people.

I can't wait to see pictures. And Melanie told me what you thinking of naming her... ADORABLE! :) Hang in there!

Kim and Layne said...

Maybe your belly seems to stick out so far because the rest of you is so thin. Can't wait to see the pictures!!!

rozalyn said...

Oh KT, I'm soo sorry. One of my friends had someone come up to her and when she was pregnant (and just barely at that) and say, "Are you pregnant? Your boobs are SO big!". How do you reply to that one? Since you're so small, you're probably all baby. I could fill a 500 page book on all the comments I've received pregnant and post-partum. For some ODD reason people think they have license to touch and make comments to pregnant people. Something they wouldn't do to, say, someone in a wheelchair or a blind person. "Wow, you're in a wheelchair. Can you feel it when I poke you in the leg like this?"

The Kyles said...

Well I personally am dying to see a picture of your gorgeous pregant self. Where are you now? Thanks for commenting on my blog. I love it when people comment!!!!

Melanie said...

I laughed at your post (it's funny because it's true) but then felt immediately guilty for it. It really stinks the liberties people take when you're pregnant. But really, you are so tiny that you're all baby. You have no where to grow but out so really, I'm sure you look like an adorable little pregnant girl with a cute pregnant belly. Post pictures!!!

Katie Smith said...

People did not really say those things did they? What jerks. I have no idea what you look like right now, but I'm sure you're not that big. And if you are, it's only because you're so TINY that the baby had no where to go but out.

Oh, and I love that you openly disclaim that your promises are shallow. At least no one can be disappointed, right?

lisset said...

wow. you so took me back to my blimp days. you'd think people would have a bit more tact, but no, no.
oh, and wait for postpartum comments. you'll really feel good when someone asks when the next one is due....
ps:thanks for finding me!