After much thought, intensive pro and con list creation, and bribery from my mother Warren and I have decided to move back to Oregon. I know, I know, but we
just moved to sunny Florida. Yes, and Florida is great, but it's missing one crucial factor: MY MOMMY. Maybe we could have fooled ourselves to believe it was possible for both Warren and I to work full-time jobs and raise an emotionally stable child who would spend 10+ hours in daycare if it weren't for the unwelcome advice from strangers, or for their constant questioning of what family support we had out here to help us. These questions triggered my anxiety and I realized maybe waking up at 4am unable to breath from panic might be a sign that Florida is just too far away to raise a child. I still haven't read any of the baby books (although, I did pick one up and read the summary on the back), and everytime I bring up changing a diaper Warren gets this look on his face like he's planning his escape to Australia to live barefoot on the beach and surf all day. People tell me motherhood will come natural, but they also told me that once I had my own house I would care how it's decorated, or that marriage would motivate me to cook, or that pregnancy isn't that bad (all lies).
Basically, we decided being close to family at this stage in our lives was more important than living close to the Bahamas or Disneyworld. Staying in Florida would mean Warren continues to commute a total of three hours a day (so he is gone for 14 hours!) and with me working 10+ hours starting with Edward Jones baby would basically be raised by daycare. That just didn't seem fair. It was a hard decision, but whenever I think maybe we could stay in Florida I look at those blurry 4D pictures of our sweet baby and see her deformed little nose and scary ghost eyes and think yeah, we're doing this so she can live the good life.
Scary picture of baby #1

Scary picture of baby #2

What the hell?

So much for playing it up in sunny Florida. Goodbye, sun. Please come visit me in Oregon. I promise to wear sunscreen.
13 comments:
I am so glad that you are moving to Oregon you will be so much happier! So when is the big move going to take place? You are going to be closer to Utah. I wish you were moving here.
I just want to thank you for moving closer to your mommy so hopefully she will feel less abandoned by Ryan and I. This is great, maybe we will get less guilt trips from at least on side of the family...probably not, but here's to hoping. You would think that after 8 years of living in the unknown wilderness we would stop hearing it. But we don't, we know we are just awful people who are intentionally cruel to our mothers and purposely drag our children away from thier Grandparents. Ahh the horror! Now you will just get it from Warren's side...I imagine that will be better when it is just one sided! Good luck with selling your sink hole! Don't give potentioal buyers your web blog page!!
Maybe I'll have to make my blog private until our house sells...
abandoning ship (when that ship is florida) isn't something i can argue with. i've never been to oregon, but my guess is even without your parents there, it is FAR better. good luck with selling the house! does Warr have any job prospects in OR?
Can I tell you how excited Justin is for you guys to move? Why? Because this means we will be heading up to Oregon sooner rather than later..which means his love affair with rain and moss can continue. Oh, and of course there is always Mama B.
I don't think anybody blames you for wanting to move closer to family! I wish I could move closer to my family too. Have a good move!!
Yaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!! Since you can't see me right now, I'm pumping my fists in the air and dancing around (yes, even with my big preggo belly in the way). I'm so glad you're coming back!!!
I'm glad that your moving. It sounds like the best thing for your little family! Having your mom there will be helpful for you.
Oh, and I love putting my kids in cages. When yours gets older, yours is older, you'll understand! HAHA!
Big news...you can't go wrong living close to family I hope you come soon and maybe we can get together before I leave.
WHAT? That's great! I'm glad that you're able to move to Oregon and be close to family because that's important! We'll have to make our way up to Oregon to visit you and meet your new baby girl. BTW, when will this move take place?
Seriously, I don't think there is a single person that I know that is more unpredictable that you.....what in the Oregon!!?!?!?!?! When are you moving?
I'm a southern california transplant and I don't think I will *ever* move from the Pacific Northwest!
Welcome back.
lol... yeah back to Oregon! And be nice to your baby! She's cute...um well she will be because those pictures never make the baby cute.
Post a Comment