
My husband is a conservation FREAK. While I admire his noble attempts to save the environment, sometimes I disagree with his radical approaches. Today we had an argument over the use of a dishwasher. He swears dishwashers suck up too much energy and water (which, is probably true), but I think dishes aren't clean until they have been properly sterilized in scorching temperatures. Plus, I'm lazy and I hate spending 20 minutes a night washing dishes by hand when I could spend five loading them into the dishwasher.
What does everyone else think? Keep in mind that Warren also hates cantalope and watermelon, so he is a bit crazy. I'm posting this on my other blog as well, so if you feel strongly FOR the use of dishwashers please feel free to vote twice. I'm really campaigning to win this argument. www.undomesticicequeens.blogspot.com
I should mention that Warren does the dishes himself because he feels so strongly about not using the dishwasher.
5 comments:
Dishwasher use less water than washing them by hand. :) So if you load it full, then you're doing things the more Oregonian (aka "Greener") way. Sadly, they've actually done news stories on this here. I suppose it depends how fast you wash them by hand, but according to the last news story I heard, dishwashers were better. Plus, who wants to wash them by hand? Someone doesn't have enough to do! :)
I say let Warren keep fighting for the cause and he can do the dishes. That way you don't even have to load them! You win either way.
Seriously?? Are you kidding me?! I can't imagine hand washing would get them cleaner then a dishwasher. Maybe he could change his "freakism" into a "germaphobe" then he'll require you to use the dishwasher. But, if he's willing to do the dishes, i'd say let him!
So, we use the dishwasher now. And since it's just the two of us and we don't use a lot of dishes I figure we'll only have to unload the thing once a week. I love machines that minimize any actual work.
I have to vote a big fat "YES" to using the dishwasher. Plus think of all the time you save that you could be using to think of other ways to save the environment.......
Post a Comment