Today I went in to get a Florida license and register to vote. Warren and I are now official Floridians, which is sad for both of us because 1. Warren is still struggling to adapt to America and 2. I wasn't ready to part with my Utah license. I wasn't raised in Utah, but I have lived there for the past ten years and it is the place I believe I did the most "growing up." Most of my close friends are there, and, I don't know, it really became my home. Florida is great, don't get me wrong, but I'm at that stage again in life where I get to start all over, which I haven't done since I first moved out of my parents' house in 1997. It's all very exciting and scary at the same time. Warren doesn't so much love the southern/retired/obese culture Florida has to offer (I think it's great--tons of people to stare at!), but I think once we meet people under the age of 70 he'll start to feel better. And if not, I'll pinch him until he smiles.
In baby news, I am now 15 (or 16...who's keeping track?) weeks prego. The biggest bonus about being in my second trimester is my nausea has subsided somewhat. I still can't sit-up or stand for long periods of time, but I can control the vomiting. The bad news is EVERY ORIFICE IN MY FACE EXPELS BLOOD. What the hell is that about? What To Expect When Your Expecting says a pregnant woman's body has more blood and therefore could cause "slight" nose and gum bleeding. Slight? Last night I literally spit 1/4 cup of blood after I brushed my teeth! At least that stupid book could have been honest with me, maybe said something like "Don't panic when you start to randomly bleed profusely from your mouth/nose/anywhere blood could possibly leak out of. You are NOT dying." Would a proper warning have been too complicated?
I've also started to feel those "butterfly" movements this week, which are hilarious.
Oh, my taste buds are all out of whack; plain rice tastes spicy and Chinese food tastes like cinnamon. Is that normal, or have I gone all crazy-like?
5 comments:
Um...take "What to Expect When You're Expecting" with a few grains of salt. There are definitely some better books out there. Unfortunately for me (and you) I can't remember their names right now (that's something else that happens with pregnancy and hangs on post-partum: mind loss), but I'll look them up and get back to you. I'm sorry about all the blood That's actually pretty scary. I'm sorry that happened. But, I'm pretty sure you're not going to die. If you need a boost give us a call and Doug can tell you some pretty good stories about folks in the hospital with REALLY weird stuff that haven't died. Really. I've had enough weird and gross medical stories to last me 4 lifetimes! And we still have 3 years left. Wah.
Try "The Girlfriends Guide to Pregnancy" MUCH more real. :) Or feel free to call me anytime- I'm sure I have some good things to share. He he he. Pregnancy is amazing in many ways. The tastebuds are the least of them. I still can't eat chicken without gagging a little.
All I can say is that I love you! Your are so frakin hilarious... I miss you already! You and Warren have to move back to Utah sometime in your life.
I hated "What to Expect". I liked Your Pregnancy, Week by Week and the Girlfriends Guide. Both good.
And yeah, I did that with Eli. Bled profusely. I woke up in the middle of the night with a bloody nose a lot too. That stank.
One thing no one told me about were the charley horses. They were so painful I'd wake up screaming. (no exageration. Some would hurt so bad I'd feel them three days later.) but taking an extra calcium pill helped with those. You probably didn't need to know that but just in case you have that too eventually, you'll know what to do.
Anyway, anybody that tells you pregnancy is fun is a horrible liar. So, just keep oozing blood but know that I feel for ya.
Katie...you think those buttflies are fun, just wait until you have full movements and you can see your stomach changing shape. I know it's nothing compared to what it will be like in a few more weeks, but it's still fun. I swear this kid never rests, but it's so comforting to know that he/she is still kicking around. I remember feeling my first kick at week 17, and because you're so stinkin skinny you'll probably feel them earlier as well. Call me.
Post a Comment