Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Neglect Works!

Somtimes (a little more than sometimes) I get a tad preoccupied cleaning my house, which is silly because my house is rarely clean and mostly sticky.  What does a clean kitchen floor even look like?  It's been so long since I didn't have crumbs all over and some pink substance next to the refridgerator that I have to jump over or else risk getting my feet stuck in for hours.  Maybe even days.  I've never taken that chance.  This afternoon as I was unloading the dishwasher and staring at the cupcake mess all over my kitchen table, willing it to wipe itself clean, I watched my sixteen month old open the pantry cupboard, pull out the box of fishy crackers, walk over to the cupboard where I keep all the kid plates and bowls, take out a little orange IKEA cup, pour herself a desired amount of crackers from the box into the orange cup and confidently walk into the play room with cup in hand to eat her snack.  This kid waits for no one. 

Now that I am aware of the extent of this kid's independence, I will focus my energies this week on teaching her how to: change her own diaper, wash her own hair, scrub toilets, prepare a delicious chicken teriyaki, and build herself a highly marketable and impressive resume. 

But that will have to wait until tomorrow.   For now I need to rescue said sixteen month old from the top of the kitchen table where I see she has climbed up and is helping herself to the frosting off of all Sister's princess cupcakes. 

Sister is going to be soooooo pissed.

Lesson I learned: If there is ever a nuclear apocalypse and my children are somehow the lone survivers, now I know they can fend for themselves.  That's one less thing to worry about, anyway.

HUZZAH.

P.S. When I look at the stats of my blog, I notice there are some perverted lurkers doing their lurking.  Does anyone else have this problem?  Without going private, is there a way to stop this?

1 comment:

Kari Badell said...

I don't believe there's a way of blocking anyone without going private! Sorry!

P.S. I'm so glad that your kids will be able to fend for themselves if, and only if, an apocalypse occurs:)