Sunday, March 14, 2010

Is She Bloggin' Again? Say It Ain't So!

Yes, friends. I's a be a bloggin'. Although, I can't promise forever, so don't get attached. Or, please get attached. Either way. I'm fairly irresolute these days.

Wow, it's been such a long time. This year I made a resolution to take a picture of Sadie everyday. I did not, unfortunately, make a resolution to upload those photos onto my laptop, so that will have to wait until next year. What I can tell you is this: I am an extremely, enormously, incalculably poor photographer. And worse yet, Sadie is just as bad at allowing me to take pictures. I made the mistake a few months back of showing Sadie a picture I took of her right after I took it. Now, every time I take out my camera, she runs over to look at herself before I can shoot a picture. Not only does she have red eye in most pictures, but the light is terrible and I've only shot half her face because she's charging me to "see" herself. There's a strong possibility I won't be joining the ranks of mommy photographers in 2010, but I might get around to uploading a few pictures so you can judge for yourself. And, as many of you are already aware, the only acceptable response to any picture of my baby is, "oooohh, how lovely."

In other news, bad news, or news I'm somewhat apathetic about now, we're still in Florida. Pbptpbhtht. Turns out, there was this thing with sub-prime mortgages, or something, and our house is now valued at $7.50. Suck. We're trying to make the most of our situation by whining and crying about it. Mark my words, we WILL be moving out of Florida one of these days. I write, "move out of Florida" on every post-it TO DO list I make, and I am VERY serious about my post-its.

3/9/2010
*milk
*diet coke
*run, or change into running clothes and sit on the couch (another New Year's resolution of mine was to be more realistic.)
*move out of Florida

3/10/2010
*study work material
*organize calendar
*try not to think in Spanglish
*move out of Florida

3/11/2010
*be awesome
*move out of Florida

It's not that we hate it here. It's just that we live so far away from family. There is plenty to do in this state to keep us busy, and I'm not complaining about the sunny days... Maybe I am. I miss my mom.

**I should clarify that my intention here was not to bash on Florida, but rather answer the question, "When are you moving out of Florida?" Which I've been asked a lot (understandably) since we made the decision two years ago. I should admit that the scary part is, the longer we stay the more grounded we're becoming. As hard as I'm trying to fight it, there might come a day when I cave and paint a wall.

7 comments:

Jules AF said...

I am dying of shock... and also excitement.

Anonymous said...

So I love your blog and your to do lists, and I want you to move out of Florida so I can stalk you for reals instead of just on Facebook. The end.

rozalyn said...

so...why don't you move to KY? Houses here are selling for around $3.50--and that's for a double-wide. You guys could totally git a mansion. And yes, I said 'git' on purpose. Glad to see you back on. I miss your mom too.

Ashlee said...

Rozalyn... HA HA HA! Almost made me want to come to KY just to see all the fun you're having!

KT, I heard you're at least coming to visit, right? Are you running Hood to Coast? Oregon would love to have you back. And Grant could use a Sadie friend. Just saying. Whenever it happens. :) Good luck.

KT said...

Yes, we'll be back for Sally's wedding. My mom is trying to talk us into staying for a few weeks. She doesn't really need to twist my arm. :-)

I don't know about Hood to Coast yet. It all depends on if I'm pregnant. NOT that we're planning anything in the near future, but you never know. Except we're not planning anything. But you never know. Except we're not. Never know. Not.

Rozalyn, we just made a $0.75 down payment on a double wide in your area. I can't WAIT.

Kristina P. said...

I think my Reader kicked you out! It didn't update your new post. Glad to see you around!

KT said...

I guess when you don't update for five months, Reader rejects you. MAN!