A few months ago, I decided to go back to work in the financial field. Yeah, yeah, I know I was going to leave that behind for a while, but I couldn't do it. I was offered an opportunity with a great company which allows me to work mostly from home. Mondays are my long days, but other than that, Sadie and I are side-kicks. She destroys my office while I work and I pick everything up when I'm done. It works great!
I love it, and since I've gone back to work I've started to fall a little for Florida. My stay-at-home mommy days kept me cooped up in the house most of the time, and when we did leave it was only to the same places we always went to. Since going back to work, I've met some amazing business owners, become more familiar with the area, and found fun things to do with Sadie on the afternoons I'm free. Once Warren and I realized that our house was not going to sell unless we dropped the price WAY lower than we were willing to sell for, we took our house off the market. We decided to ride this out for a few years. It was either that, or lose buckets of money. So, I told myself that I could continue to cry over it and be miserable, or I could find happiness again, wherever we live. The hardest part of Florida is living so far from family. I'm not going to lie, long plane rides across the US of A blow. At least on international flights you're fed really crappy food, which admittedly I look forward to. I wish Sadie had grandparents nearby. Warren and I scored big time in the parent department, and it makes me sad that Sadie doesn't get to kick with them all the time. In order to see one set of grandparents, we have to endure a seven hour plane ride. In order to see the other set, it's nearly twenty hours. That's in the sky, people. Factor in lay-over time, and we're talking a FREAKING LONG TIME.
That's it. That's my story of Florida. My last hurdle to jump over is to run alone outside again. I don't know trails in the area that are safe vs. those that aren't. I sure do miss me some Provo River Trail! Ironically, I made up my mind yesterday to quit being afraid. But then this happened.
I'm going to need a little more time.
8 comments:
At least you are making the best out of a bad situation.
I thought we would be out of our cute little condo, a couple years ago, but I've realized with the market we will probably have to stay here for a while, and I've grown OK with that.
Guess who I called today? Marilyn Glaus!
Guess who is going to try listing their house? Ben and Alicia!
Guess who won't have any success? Same as stated above.
Oh well. It's worth a try, right :)
It's always good to be happy where you are instead of miserable. I've come to realize that myself recently and it's been so much better. Anyway, hope all is good in Florida while you are there.
I feel the same way about Utah. I think after ten years I'm starting to make my peace with the place. YOu are hilarious my friend, welcome back to the blogging world.
Katie! I came across your blog - very cute. I'm glad to hear you are starting to "like" Florida. I say if you always wish for tomorrow; you will have alot of empty yesterdays. Is that a song?
so sally's getting married?
Roz-Yes, Sally is getting married! Can you believe it? My little sister all grown up.
i'm crying because i'm so happy and because i can't believe i'm so old. i remember when sally was 4.
Post a Comment