I appreciate all the comments, which motivated me to read TONS (two or three) of child birthing articles over the past week. Many of you asked if I was insane enough to go through labor without an epidural. My answer is: yes...and no. Keep in mind that I've never given birth before and if the pain gets too intense, or if I've labored for 20+ hours with no progress, I will be more than willing to get something to take the edge off. That being said, I totally want to do it 100% medication free. Why? Because, yes, I am THAT crazy. Something about the challenge excites me. I've taken the classes, hired a doula, and practiced relaxation, so I might as well give it a try. However, because I have no idea what to expect I am not completely closed off to the idea of pain medication. My doctor said I can have an epidural at anytime before the pushing starts, so we've decided to wait until I'm at least at a 5 or a 6 before I consider it. The plan is to avoid pitocin or a C-section if possible and the longer I can labor without an epidural the lower the chances are of either. We'll see what happens. My end goal is, of course, a healthy baby, so whatever it takes to get her here happy is all I really want (and a medal, possibly some cash, or a standing ovation).
And now for another question plaguing my mind: Why, why, WHYYYYYY?
I admit maybe I'm not "cool" or whatever, but when did creepy, cliche, stalker vampires become THE HOTTEST THING EVER? If you go here you can watch a scene and actually hear CHEERING when Edward shows up to bail whiny little Bella out of trouble. CHEERING.
Cheering for THIS guy:

REALLY? We're going to make that guy the next teen sex symbol? IS THE WAR ON TERROR NOT ENOUGH FOR YOU, PEOPLE?
9 comments:
Katie, my thoughts about the Twilight series are well known. Do women understand that they are the Star Wars geeks of vampire fans? One of the women I am blog friends with went to a party at a local Barnes and Noble, and they had a faux Edward and Bella wedding!! Why!?!?
And he is possibly the most unattractive man ever.
Hang in there!
Wow. Congratulations to you, because I'd just as soon be unconscious if I ever go into labor. Maybe that's why I'm not pregnant yet, because I'm going to be the bitchiest pregnant chick EVER. It's worth a thought. Good for you.
And I think everyone worth mentioning knows how I feel about if not the entire series, at least this fourth book. And might I say Edward, you are the most hideous person ever. And Edward is supposed to have muscles. I have a good 100 pounds on this dude.
I still think that you are crazy not to have an epidural... My sister in law holds out everytime and she said that everytime she does she regrets it and gets the pitocin and she will go in to full on labor with in 30 mins. I really don't think that having your baby without drugs is something to brag about. It is way to crazy for anyone to think that it is cool.
Holy Cow. Just read through all the comments left on your last post. Seems to me that women sure have strong opinions about this. What I don't understand is why people feel so strongly about GETTING an epidural. I totally intend on getting one, but why do they care if you don't? I don't get it. If you wanna do it natural, awesome, go for it. I am also glad that you are keeping an open mind to alternatives though since medical intervention can save you and baby Sadie's life...having a baby is not the risk it was just 100 years ago.
So, in other news. Have you been having any contractions?
Yikes. I'll skip the labor part because I have no idea about any of that, but I'll comment on the Twilight trailer. That was even worse than the trailer that I've seen before. Oh my gosh!! How ridiculous does that movie look like it's going to be?
You are nuts, but that's ok. Cause I firmly believe you will be able to go through an entire delivery without the drugs, cause you are just buff like that.
I will admit I haven't read the Twilight Series. I just don't get it. Why would vampires interest me enough to loose that valuable time in my life? A woman in our ward is selling "I love Edward" shirts. And wearing them. Not sure which is worse. And I had a friend who went away for the weekend to read the new book. Probably the LAST thing I'd do if I were alone for 2 days with no children.
I have to say, I'm SHOCKED to see just how ugly Edward is. I mean, kinda what I expected, but amazed that this has gotten so big. I'd almost rather hear about the war on terror. Ugh.
I agree with Kamie, but I still think that it is crazy to do it natural when the drugs are available. I know you won't have drugs because your strong enough not to.
I have to say...I LOVE the books. I think they are great. But this is DEFINATELY NOT what I pictured Edward to look like. Yeah...not a fan!
Post a Comment