
This morning my mom and I were talking about everything that needs to be done before Baby T arrives. I love talking to my mom about my baby when she's telling me about all the cute things she is buying for her, but I don't like talking to my mom about this baby when she brings up all things I have to do to get ready.

I normally try to avoid any conversation that implies future work on my part. And, I especially dislike conversations with my mother when I learn how clueless I am.

Here's how our conversation went:
"Mom, when you had Ryan (my older bro.) were you terrified?"
"Well, no one was there to help me, and I was really unprepared. I thought I was just going to have the baby and everything was going to be perfect."
"Oh...that's kind-of what I've been expecting. What could be so hard about taking care of a baby? Don't they just sleep all the time?"
Silence. Then, "Maybe you should take a pre-natal class."
3 comments:
I just snorted when I laughed.
Katie, you're gonna be fine. And don't worry. Most hospitals make you watch a million videos of life altering baby care info during your stay.
Okay, I'm kidding. They're all stupid. But a lot of it comes naturally and the rest will just come in bits and pieces. You're going to be an awesome mom. And a funny one.
so....they don't sleep all the time?
Oh you are hilarious! I love you! What did you decide for a name?
Post a Comment