Thursday, April 5, 2012

I Think It's Time

....to start blogging again. I took a break from anything blog related because most mommy blogs out there contributed to my mommy guilt. A friend of mind once described mommy blogs as Christmas Newsletters on Crack. I felt all the bragging and perfect images didn't paint the true picture of what motherhood was all about, and I became frustrated that there wasn't more honesty in the blogosphere. I enjoyed reading blogs of moms who were more like me--more open and honest about how difficult parenting can be, the day to day struggles. But then I realized that someday I will probably want to look on these days as positive, happy moments with my children. I know I won't want to remember all the times I yelled at my kids, obsessed about cleaning my house instead of playing dinosaurs with Sadie, or cried about how much of a failure I felt like most of the time. I'll want to remember the beauty of motherhood, the smiles on my babies' faces, their laughter, the fun we have. So, if that means my blog will turn into every other blah mommy blog once in a while (I am still me, and I can't hide the sarcasm ALL of the time), then so be it. Because you know what? MY kids ARE amazing and I love them to pieces.

Besides, maybe the motivation of blogging about happy moments will inspire me to have more of them.

So, buckle up blog-world! It's about to get real (ish) up in here.

4 comments:

Rachel B. said...

I can't wait to read all about your perfect life again! Ha! I definitely think you can find a balance with posting about the good and the bad(ish). Although it's true that you don't exactly think about grabbing your camera when your kids are screaming and fighting. Those moments aren't quite as cute. Anyway, welcome back! I hope this isn't an empty blogging promise. That would just make me sad.

Mandy said...

I am so glad you are back!!! I love your blogs, you always make me smile.:)

Mandy said...

I am so glad you are back!!! I love your blogs, you always make me smile.:)

Ashlee said...

Yesss! Welcome back! :) It's so refreshing to have non-crack mommy blogs. Seriously, I appreciate the real life stories. Get catching up!