Thursday, May 7, 2009

Sadie + Gyno - Stroller = Disaster

One time (this morning) I went to the gyno and forgot to bring Sadie's stroller along. Since Sadie is old enough to get angry when she's bored, and since the floors in the rooms are too dirty for Sadie to play on, I was forced to entertain her on my lap while we waited for the doctor. You know those pieces of paper they give to cover up your privates after you stip down naked? Sadie didn't think I should have to wear a shield because while we waiting she ripped it off me. So, there I sat, holding onto what was left of my shield to cover up my woman parts while Sadie squirmed in my lap. I tried to put off feeding her until after my appointment, but she wasn't having that. I thought maybe I could nurse her quickly before the doctor came in, which didn't work out as hoped. As I'm nursing Sadie, and as she's ripping my paper shield off more and more, my doctor starts to walk in. I'm nearly nude, holding pathetically onto what was left of my cover, so I panicked and shouted, "WAIT!!" My doctor must have been caught off guard because he shouted back, "WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN THERE?!" At the time, the only way I could think to respond was to shout back, "I'M NAKED."

I hope we can all learn something from this. And I hope I can learn that when I share naked stories with strangers over that internet that I'm actually sharing naked stories with strangers over the internet.

14 comments:

Carina said...

What are you doing in there? Seriously? He asked? Dude, my nurse midwives are all, do you want to nurse your baby before the exam, during, or after?

Heee hee.

Ashlee said...

Ha ha... THAT'S HILARIOUS!!! I can't believe he asked what you were doing! I mean, REALLY?!?

I started having flashbacks of the time when I took a newborn with me to my 6 week postpartum checkup (because I was sure my OB wanted to admire the cute baby he delivered...) and ended up snuggling/nursing her WHILE I had an IUD inserted. Felt very strange to be cuddling something I was trying to prevent from happening again. Anyhoo- nothing beats a good gyno story and yours ROCKS!

Good to chat today- can't wait to see you all!

Wendyburd1 said...

ROFL!! I am sorry but that is so funny!

Emily said...

Oh, I love a good naked story, and now yours has become a favorite. Rest assured, ALL my friends will be hearing this one in the next few days!

rychelle said...

so, um, what was your doctor's response to "i'm naked"?

Kamie said...

So are you knocked up again?

Mandy said...

You never fail to make me laugh! I think this was your best post yet. I'm still freaking laughing! Oh KT, I love you! LOL

Russ and Nat said...

Ha, ha - I guess we have dueling stories now - only mine has to do with a chester in Alaska.....yours is much more funny...

KT said...

Um...that chester story BEATS ANY STORY EVER. EVER, Natalie. When you first starting telling that story I was convinced it wouldn't be that bad, but no, it was....and it. was. AWESOME. I told that story to like 52 people in the next day. It will be YEARS, YEARS until I hear another story that good.

Go Johnsons.

BJ said...

What did I tell you about wearing paper clothing in public?? Some day you will see my wisdom. Sigh. -Sadie's Grandmother.

TammeNBen said...

That was AWESOME. Please share more stories like that with us.

Regirlfriend said...

If I were a gyno I'd probably blurt out weird questions like that, not thinking first. Like "Ew!" And then I'd lose my license, and end up on the girl's blog. This is why I am in project management.

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh... that is SOOO funny. I can't stop laughing!

Dads(2) said...

Geez, now I gotta get THIS outta my head . . . *shivers*