Pbtpbtpbtpbptpbptpbpt.
Pbt.
Moving on, last week was probably Memorial Day. The chance of rain was something like 80%, so the hubs and I decided to risk it and spend the entire day outside at the zoo, because what's life without risks?
This is the part of the day when we took cover under one poncho.
The thing about Florida rain is that it dumps. Always with the dumping. I grew up in Oregon where rain is your constant companion, but not in a pushy, in-your-face way like the rain in Florida. Florida Rain is all, "Hi! What's your name? Do you like bicycles? I have a frog. Do you have a frog? Hey! Let's hold hands. Do you have a best friend? My doll's name is Horse because I like horses. PAY ATTENTION TO ME. PSHSHSHSHSHSHSHSHSH! PSHSHSHSHSHSHSHSHSH! CRACK! BOOM!" And then after everyone is soaked, the just-jumped-in-a-river type of soaked, Florida Rain is like, "Peace out, beeoches."
This is the part of the day when Sadie realized the zoo smells like crap.
And here's how the rest of the day went down.
First item on the agenda was feeding the giraffe a $3 piece of lettuce.
And Sadie celebrated keeping all her extremities intact.
Next, the penguins had one-on-one coaching sessions on How To Be Gangsta.
And then onto the seahorses where we evil laughed at the pregnant males.
We visited the Loch Ness exhibit to talk to Sadie about what happens to little children who throw tantrums.
We learned the proper way to store dead butterflies inside a drawer.
Bailey grieved.
Bailey saved a starving bird's life, who thanked her by biting her finger. But Bailey didn't care because she's like the honey badger.
Joining up with fellow engineers, the girls evaluated cracks in the wall of Australia.
And possible flood risks.
Ultimately, it was decided the safest place was on top of a sewer grate, which was especially disappointing given Sadie's sensitivity to foul smells.













4 comments:
Ha! I love that social work freaked you out. I am always baffled by all the MSW interns we get who have never actually had any kind of job in social work, or practical experience, and they get that far into school and realize they hate it.
I love the honey badger...and why couldn't I have been born as a seahorse?
This may be your best post ever. Although I threw up in my mouth a little when you said you were going to finish your MSW. Oh my DCFS days were short but they are still with me. Also, you posted pics. Well done KT, well done.
Ha ha, that last picture of Sadie is classic!
Post a Comment